Prepare for Your Due Date With This Hospital Stay Checklist
Checklists are everywhere - there's a checklist for buying a
home, planning a wedding, and starting a new job—all important life events. But
what about preparing for a new baby? Here is a checklist for expectant
parents, so you can start getting organized now—while you can still move around
Tanya Remer Altmann,
- If your due date is rapidly approaching, it's a good idea to
gather a few items and make arrangements for birth and hospital stay.
- Name, phone number and address of your Pediatrician and
- Written directions to the hospital - with all the commotion,
you might not remember the way.
- Phone numbers of friends and family to call from the
hospital with the good news.
- Phone number of friend or relative who will take you to the
hospital if they do not live with you.
- A bag with comfortable clothes, slippers and toiletries for
you while you are in the hospital.
- Car seat, receiving blanket and clothes for the baby.
- Arrangements for babysitting for your other children (or
pets) while you are at the hospital.
- Book, magazine, cards, or baby announcements (address them
ahead of time) to keep you busy during hospitalization.